Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Post Falure :(

What to do, when what you were going to do fails? If you have the answer, please let me know. haha For yesterdays post, I was planning on sharing my favorite, no fail, homemade sugar cookie recipe.  It is simply the best, and also very simple.  However, for the first time in the dozens of times I have made these cookies, I made some mistake.  They were rock hard! I know it was me and not the recipe, because they are always PERFECT! I mean technically I could have gone ahead and iced them and said "look at these beautiful Easter cookies", but that just seemed wrong.  So then plan B was to remake them today, but (and here is my rant for the day) I had to drive 2.5 hours to the nearest military hospital to get some blood drawn. We got there, I got poked, got complimented on my veins (apparently they're beautiful... weird but not the first time I've heard this), and then we headed back home.  All fine and good except for we hit the morning commuters, and then got stuck in more traffic after that.  Apparently a big rig carrying diesel hit the center median and caught fire, then went BOOM. So needless to say the highway was shut down and I spent an hour just sitting on the highway. (Don't worry the driver made it out okay).  It took me almost 5 hours to make a 2.5 hour drive.  :( So I am forgoing the cookie recipe for the week. My DH is having his wisdom teeth taken out Thursday, so tomorrow I am going to make an Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake that he will be able to eat... eventually... if there is any left. Anyways, that is my rant/story/excuse for the day.  Maybe I'll share the cheesecake with you all tomorrow!

OnMommysApron 

4 comments:

  1. I like Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake...I think :)

    Happy "Get Wired Wednesday"! I'm following you now thru the blog hop and hope that you'll follow me back. Have a fantastic day!!

    Nancy
    http://thatsoundslikecrazy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that does sound like a hard day and a good excuse for not posting your original idea, if you ever do post that cookie recipe I will have to give it a go!
    I am a new follower from the Midweek Mingle. My blog is all about living eco-friendly with simple steps for mommas. I have a great organic giveaway going on, I hope you will stop by to enter!
    Anya
    http://anyasgreenbaby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that sounds exhausting! However, my mouth is water over Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake... once I read that, I didn't even remember reading about the cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya who needs cookies when cheesecake is mentioned! haha

    ReplyDelete

Realtime Hit Counter