But before we get started here are some easy tips to keep your cheese cake from cracking.
1. Bring all cold ingredients to room temperature
2. Thoroughly grease and flour your pan
3. Place a broiler pan full of boiling water on the rack below the cheesecake in the oven.
***WARNING***Although this cheesecake will be one of the best you have ever eaten, it takes several hours to make. :( So don't wait until an hour before company comes to pop it in the oven.
Okay, I think we are ready. So as usual gather all of your ingredients. For this cheese cake you will need:
For the cheese cake For the crust
3 (8oz) packages of cream cheese 1 1/2 cups of crushed oreos
1 1/4 cup white sugar 1/3 cup of powdered sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/3 cup coco powder
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
CrustTurn the oven on, and preheat to 350 degrees . In a the mixing bowl add the oreo crumbs, powdered sugar, and cocoa powder. Then add the butter (its easiest if its melted) and stir until mixed. I found it was easier to use my hands, but that was extremely messy because of the coco/butter combo. When it is mixed, press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan (I didn't have a springform so I just used a regular 9 inch round, and it turned out fine. Its just a little harder to serve). Next, put the crust in the oven for 10 minutes. Take it out and put it in the freezer to cool off. Now turn the oven up to 450 degrees F.
**Tip** to grease and flour I sprayed the pan with crisco spray, then dropped a couple of tablespoons of flour in the middle and then rolled it around.
Cheesecake Filling1. Put all the cream cheese, white sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa and flour in the mixer, and mix on medium until its smooth. Next add the room temperature eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Then, add the sour cream followed by the Irish cream liqueur (I used Bailey's), and continue mixing on low speed until its blended nice and well. Finally pure the filling on top of the crust (get it out of the freezer now).
2. Put the cheesecake in the oven (with the broiler pan of boiling water below), and bake at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes is up, turn the oven down to 250 degrees F, and bake for another 60 minutes.
3. Turn the oven off, but DO NOT REMOVE THE CHEESECAKE. Leave the cheesecake in the closed oven for 6-8 hours (or overnight). After you wait this ridiculously long time you can remove your cheesecake from the oven.
4. Take a knife and loosen around the edges of the cheesecake. Gently remove the rim of the pan. Then stare at your beautiful dessert in awe of your handy work, after this, place your cheesecake in the fridge to chill before you serve it.
***NOTE***If somehow after all of your precautions your cheesecake manages to crack. You can dampen a spatula with warm water and gently smooth over the top, and then sprinkle with more oreo crumbs.... you may want to do this even if it doesn't crack just so you can have oreo crumbs on top (I know there just isn't enough chocolate in this recipe to begin with).
|Here is my piece!|